Friday, June 22, 2007

Why I Need Lists

To further illustrate the vast chasm between my sister's preparedness and my own lack of it:

On the phone:
Kristina:I almost posted in the comments of your blog that my hospital bag has:
15 diapers, but half are newborn and half are size one diapers.
Three pacifiers with little holders to clip on her clothes.
Three changes of clothes.
A toy. I know she won't need it, but its there anyway. Just in case.

Tracy: (Laughing) And you know what is awful? Even though I have already been to the hospital and even though I wrote that post, I still have nothing packed.

Kristina: I also have three copies of the list of people who need to be notified and when (like, when I am admitted, updates, and when she's born).

Tracy: Don't you have a cell phone?

Kristina: BUT what if the cell phones can't be used? Or what if I don't have the wherewithal to tell someone who needs to be called? A paper copy would then be necessary. It suggested doing it in "the book".

Tracy: Ha- those books were made for people like you!

Kristina: No, they were made for people like you. People like me think of these things.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We had better be on your list this time! This is a warning.....:-)

Mom G said...

In the "olden days", when we were traveling with the wagontrain on the prairies, and having children....all you had to think about was to take 1 outfit for babe to come home in. Grandparents were called after arrival...and expected to pass along "the front page news". We parents were much too occupied in trying to achieve the "natural PAINLESS CHILDBIRTH" that our instructors insisted was obtainable, (I still question whether the woman gave birth to any childen of her own) With Tara, we didn't have health insurance, and she cost us a grand total of $500 and with that came FREE disposable diapers that were sent home with us and used for "special outings", ha.